Monday, July 22, 2013

I, Coriander by Sally Gardner



Title: I, Coriander
Original title: I, Coriander
Author: Sally Gardner
Number of pages: 299




This is a lovely fairy-tale story and I loved this book so much. In England, 1643, a young girl named Coriander lives happily with her father, a successful tradesman, and her mother, who makes medicines from plants. Many years later, as a young adult, Coriander sits down to write her life's story—both in our world, where tragedy befalls her family and Puritanism takes over England, and in a fairy world, where she fights to restore a young prince to freedom. 

“I am Coriander Hobie.


I was born in the year of Our Lord 1643, the only child of Thomas and Eleanor Hobie, in our great house on the River Thames in London. Of my early years I remember only happiness. That was before I knew this world had such evil in it, and that my fate was to be locked up in a chest and left to die.

This is my story. This is my life.

 It was a beautiful story I will recommend to anyone who enjoys a great fairy tale.
Much Love,
Liuba
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment