Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Familiar Stranger by Christina Berry

The Familiar Stranger by Christina Berry is one of the best novels I have read in awhile. From the opening page to the very last I had to know more.
A car accident left Craig (Denise's husband) horribly injured, and in a drug induced coma, and another man (William) dead. Craig lost his memory and while he is recovering his lost memory, Denise is discovering dark secrets. She is in a great shock and almost broken by his hidden secrets, but still looking and taking care after him. Very touching story!!!


Some of my favourite lines:

"Take his fear," he prayed, his hands hovering over me again. "Remove all doubt and self-loathing from this man. Create in him a new heart, a soft heart, a heart open to Your leading and fully devoted to Your kingdom, to his wife, and to his family. Make a clear path for him to follow, Lord. And as he has confessed his sins, now throw them to the bottom of the ocean to be held against him no longer."

"The accident had been a godsend. A protection for myself and my family."

"Thank you, thank you, Father, for stopping me. What would I have caused without Your intervention? Who else would I have hurt? How deeply? If I never remember, if my messed-up mind never returns, I'm fine with that. Continue to protect me from myself."


May God bless you & keep you safe!
Much love
Liuba
xxx

19 comments:

  1. It seems like a wonderful read, thanks for sharing and greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good book! Thanks for sharing, Liuba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed reading it :) Thank you for your visit, Liuba x

      Delete
  3. Thank for this sharing :) i really wanted to start a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will like it from the very first pages. Liuba x

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to add it to my to be read list :) Sounds intriguing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, I really hope you will enjoy it : LiuBA X

      Delete
  5. Now you're making me add this to my reading list. Intriguing story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux, it is a page turner and you will love it :) Liuba x

      Delete
  6. Suna interesant!

    http://strumfette.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Câtă speranță scot la iveală aceste rânduri! Ultimul paragraf îmi place foarte mult. Chiar că, uneori, noi înșine suntem proprii noștri dușmani. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgi, ma bucur mult ca ti-a placut. Liuba x

      Delete
  8. It sounds like a fascinating book. Thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen this but sounds like a good read. I never find a minute now to read Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh really?? I make sure to read as much as I can now when having loads of free time.

      Delete